Wow, I feel I abandoned my blog as real life took over. I don’t understand how “working outside the home” mommy bloggers manage to work, care for their families AND stay active on their blogs. I’ve been so distracted that I didn’t realize my last blog was 12/31/2012!
- January: house hunting trip to St Louis Missouri. Offer in for 1 single family house. I refuse to talk about work since, as an accountant, January is the worse month of the year.
- February: house hunting trip(s) to St Louis Missouri. 2 offers in.
- February: early birthday trip to Paris France and Champagne, flying first class on British Airways. Fun trip but came home with the flu.
- March: Escrow closing trips to St Louis Missouri! I am a certified investment property owner. This completes step 1 of my retirement plan. These rental houses should cover their expenses and give me monthly cashflow.
- March: 1 rental house rented in a week. 2nd rental house requires plumbing and electrical work before I can rent it.
Already I feel the joy of rental property ownership and the agony of living so far away. Fortunately everyone, from my realtor to the contractors, has been a pleasure to work with. Folks who take pride in their work and folks who live in town. They are my neighbors and it’s good to know that I’m supporting my community.
Yet my blog is meant to record my real life — good, bad and ugly. Oh yes, the ugly. That’s for another post.
For those of you who are able to give quality time to real life activities and your blog, please tell me how you do it!